Grants and Funding Updates for #OwnHers
The Amber Grant winner for July will receive $10,000. That's more than double the usual $4,000 that winners get each month.
We know that women entrepreneurs like you are facing the every day challenges of business ownership -- plus the challenges that have come from the economic slow down.
That's why we want to give extra help to this month's Amber Grant winner. If you'd like to apply, just take a few minutes to share your story with us.
NAV Small Business Grant
The NAV Small Business grant program, which is accepting applications through September 1, 2020 for a grant of $10,000 and another of $5,000, wants you to tell the committee:
- What your business does
- A challenge the business has overcome
- A challenge you continue to struggle with
- How the grant funds could help you overcome your challenge
- Details regarding how you’d use the prize money
The Halstead Grant for jewelry designers, which awards a $7,500 cash grant to a metal jewelry designer (this year’s application is due by August 1, 2020), has a downloadable application which asks, among other things:
- What your budget for spending the $7,500 grant would look like.
- What sales and distribution channels will you use?
- Who is your direct competition?
- When do you expect to break even?
Visa Grant Program for #ownHers (Black women-owned businesses)
Visa has extended its partnership with IFundWomen to support Black women-owned small businesses in the United States through a new grant program and educational resources. These grants provide an opportunity for recipients to grow their businesses and continue to offer much needed services to their local (and global) communities. Applications are being accepted from June 30, 2020 through July 31, 2020.
(Source: Excel Capital Group)